Nominations for NCUC Chair and GNSO Council

Mary Wong MWong at PIERCELAW.EDU
Tue Sep 23 19:25:55 CEST 2008

I'm grateful to Milton and Konstantinos for nominating and seconding me respectively for Council; I will be happy to serve in any capacity that fellow NCUC members and representatives view as most appropriate!

Allow me also to add my voice to those seconding/supporting the nomination of:

- Robin Gross (for chair)
- Bill Drake
- Konstantinos Komaitis and
- Carlos Afonso

BTW, Milton and Carlos et al, I *hate* to add to your workload, but in view of the fairly large number of positions (Council, EC reps etc.) open this year, should we set a schedule for (1) candidates who accept their nominations to each send a brief Candidate Statement to the membership; and (2) confirmation (is this necessary? If so, should the call be made by the current EC, the candidate or the membership generally?) as to who is standing for what position?

Apologies if these questions have been settled (by agreement, custom or otherwise!) I based my suggestions on various threads from our listserv archives regarding previous elections.

Many thanks,
Mary

Mary W S Wong
Professor of Law