any suggestions for policy person for ICANN to hire?

Robin Gross robin at IPJUSTICE.ORG
Thu Sep 11 20:14:53 CEST 2008

NCUC:

Apparently, ICANN will be hiring a international policy development
person soon, and is looking for good candidates (see below).

It would be terrific if we could pass on a few names of people that
we think would be good for this position at ICANN.   Does anyone have
any suggestions?  It would be terrific to have a staff person who
understands the concerns of non-commercial users of domain names, so
if any possible candidates come to mind, let's pass their names on
for consideration.

Thank you,
Robin

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Tina Torcasso" <TinaTorcasso at Wentco.com>
> Date: September 10, 2008 10:07:55 AM PDT
> To: <rdg at virtualrecordings.com>
> Subject: Career Opportunity
>
> Dear Ms. Gross- Internet Policy and Governance Directory Member,
>

> We are partnering with The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names
> and Numbers (ICAAN) (http://www.icann.org/ ), located in Marina del
> Rey, CA, to fill their Senior Director, International Policy
> Development position. ICANN is a nonprofit public benefit
> corporation responsible for the global coordination of the
> Internet’s system of unique identifiers. These include domain
> names as well as the addresses used in a variety of Internet
> protocols. The successful candidate for this position can be
> located in Marina del Rey, CA; Brussels, BE; Sydney, AU; or
> Washington, DC.
>

> We are networking with people in potentially related industries
> looking for some help in identifying possible candidates for this
> unique position and have attached a Search Specification for your
> review. If you know of someone who might be interested in hearing
> more about this opportunity, please pass on my email address for
> them to submit their resume. We sincerely appreciate and welcome
> all referrals!  We will personally contact anyone who seems to be a
> fit for the position.
>

> The ideal candidates for this position will have a J.D. degree and
> program management and policy development experience in positions
> and/or organizations accountable to multiple constituencies.  They
> should have a sound understanding of the Internet’s basic
> infrastructure.
>

> Not only is this opportunity unique, it exists within a company
> that is truly extraordinary. You will have the opportunity to work
> with a highly talented, elite, and globally diverse team. This
> position will have the chance to make direct and distinctive
> contributions to both the short and long term success of the
> organization, as well as the global Internet. There is no
> comparable organization, or opportunity, in the world.
>

> Thank You,
>

> Tina Torcasso SPHR, CCP, CBP
>
> Consultant
>
> Wentworth Recruiting
>
> 310 732-2340 or 800 995-9678 x340
>
> tinatorcasso at wentco.com

IP JUSTICE
Robin Gross, Executive Director
p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org