revised voting schedule

Milton L Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Mon Oct 20 11:34:07 CEST 2008

We have fallen behind on our proposed election schedule, which was
supposed to start last week and close today.

I have simply been completely overburdened by other stuff and by the
uncertainties and complicated discussions associated with the GNSO
improvements.

I think we need to go ahead with elections now. I am hoping that they
can start October 27, a week from now, and conclude by the time of the
Cairo meeting.

As I understand it, We have nominations, seconds and acceptances for the
following positions:

Chair:

Robin Gross

GNSO Council:

Mary Wong (NA)

William Drake (NA/EU)

Konstantinos Komaitis (EU)

Hakikur Rahman (AP)

Dave Kisoondoyal (AF)

Executive Committee:

Carlos Afonso (LAC)

IMPORTANT:

We thought we were going to be electing 6 GNSO Council members but now
we are going to be electing only 2, assuming that Norbert wants to step
down early to serve on the Nominating Committee.

My proposal then is to elect the top two posts to the Council and the
next 4 be considered Executive Committee members who may, in about 8
months time, have to be seated on the GNSO Council on an interim basis.
The only wrinkle here is that Carlos Afonso would not be eligible to
serve on the Council in the short term because someone else from the LAC
region is already on. So I will consider Carlos to be an EC candidate,
if that is ok with him and everyone else.

So, can our Brazilian friends take charge of the election again?