Fwd: [council] Request for an Issues Report on the recovery of expired domain names

Robin Gross robin at IPJUSTICE.ORG
Thu Oct 23 05:19:05 CEST 2008

I think NCUC should support the below request from ALAC for an Issues
Report on the recovery of expired domain names.

At the very least we will have a better understanding of what is
happening from the creation an Issues Report - a good place to begin.

The working group will be open for participation to interested
individuals, so please join if so inspired!

Thanks,
Robin

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca>
> Date: October 22, 2008 9:38:42 AM PDT
> To: Council GNSO <council at gnso.icann.org>
> Subject: [council] Request for an Issues Report on the recovery of
> expired domain names
>

> At its October 14th teleconference, the ALAC voted to request an
> Issues Report on the subject of registrants being able to recover
> domain names after their formal expiration date. Details can be
> found at https://st.icann.org/alac/index.cgi?
> recovery_of_expired_domain_names.
>
> The motion calls for the draft request to be revised before and at
> the Cairo ICANN meeting. A number of people have already
> volunteered to work on the initial effort, and unless I hear
> otherwise, will assume that they will continue to do so (I will
> verify).
>
> The ALAC formed a small Working Group. According to the motion "The
> working group may include representatives from At-Large, GNSO
> constituencies and other interested individuals but due to tight
> time constraints, will be limited to those with specific knowledge
> of the subject being discussed." If anyone else would like to
> participate, please let me know.
>
> If any GNSO constituencies wish to formally support this ALAC
> initiative, we will gladly append a short statement of support to
> the Request when it is submitted.
>
> Regards, Alan

IP JUSTICE
Robin Gross, Executive Director
p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org