ICANN PPSC-alternate member call for volunteers

Robin Gross robin at IPJUSTICE.ORG
Wed Nov 26 01:03:09 CET 2008

There are two GNSO steering committees working on GNSO Improvements:
the Operations Steering Committee (OSC) and the Policy Process
Steering Committee (PPSC).  I am the main constituency representative
on the OSC and Konstantinos is the main NCUC representative on the PPSC.

PPSC has two subgroups, a working group (WG) and a policy development
process (PDP) group.  As per Konstantinos' earlier email,
Konstantinos reps NCUC in the WG and we need someone for the PDP.  It
is also worth mentioning that anyone can be involved in the working
groups at any time - as many members of the constituency as would
like to be involved can join and participate.

OSC does not yet, but likely will have several subgroups also,
including a GNSO Operations Group, a Constituency Operations Group,
and a Communications Team.  Again, anyone and everyone will be able
to participate in these groups once created, so anxious participants
will have ample opportunity to contribute.

Robin

On Nov 25, 2008, at 11:47 AM, Cheryl Preston wrote:

> Robin, can you give me a list of the NCUC members who have been
> appointed to the GNSO Improvements Steering Committee or any of the
> sub-committees?  I would like to be involved and am wondering where
> there are opportunities, other than being an alternative.
>
> It would be nice to have a public list of all NCUC representatives,
> liaisons, appointees, and other representatives involved in other
> ICANN structures.  Could you send one on the list?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Cheryl B. Preston
> Edwin M. Thomas
> Professor of Law
> J. Reuben Clark Law School
> Brigham Young University
> 434 JRCB
> Provo, UT 84602
> (801) 422-2312
> prestonc at lawgate.byu.edu

> Dear all,
>
> Yesterday we held our first meeting as a PPSC team. It was mainly an
> introductory meeting focusing on logistics and issues that we need
> to deal
> with. One of the things though that came out of it is the need for an
> alternate member. All other constituencies are represented in the PPSC
> having two members so, I personally think, it is vital that we also
> send two
> representatives from the NCUC. The need to have two members is also
> important as within the PPSC there are two separate groups (the PDP
> one and
> the Working Group one). Currently I am sitting in the working group
> one, so
> we need someone to sit in the PDP one - I have the fear that unless
> we find
> another volunteer we will be misrepresented with the other
> constituencies
> pulling the strings (there are so many fights really I can fight by
> myself).
>
> Any volunteers please come forward and we can take it from there. More
> information can be found at:
> https://st.icann.org/icann-ppsc/index.cgi?
> policy_process_steering_committee_
> ppsc
>
> Thank you.
>
> Konstantinos
> --
> Dr. Konstantinos Komaitis,
> Lecturer in Law,
> GigaNet Membership Chair,
> University of Strathclyde,
> The Lord Hope Building,
> 141 St. James Road,
> Glasgow, G4 0LT,
> UK
> tel: +44 (0)141 548 4306
> email: k.komaitis at strath.ac.uk

IP JUSTICE
Robin Gross, Executive Director
p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org