ICANN PPSC-alternate member call for volunteers

Cheryl Preston PRESTONC at LAWGATE.BYU.EDU
Tue Nov 25 20:47:38 CET 2008

Robin, can you give me a list of the NCUC members who have been appointed to the GNSO Improvements Steering Committee or any of the sub-committees?  I would like to be involved and am wondering where there are opportunities, other than being an alternative.

It would be nice to have a public list of all NCUC representatives, liaisons, appointees, and other representatives involved in other ICANN structures.  Could you send one on the list?

Thanks,

Cheryl B. Preston
Edwin M. Thomas
Professor of Law
J. Reuben Clark Law School
Brigham Young University
434 JRCB
Provo, UT 84602
(801) 422-2312
prestonc at lawgate.byu.edu

>>> Konstantinos Komaitis <k.komaitis at STRATH.AC.UK> 11/25/2008 11:00 am >>>
Dear all,

Yesterday we held our first meeting as a PPSC team. It was mainly an
introductory meeting focusing on logistics and issues that we need to deal
with. One of the things though that came out of it is the need for an
alternate member. All other constituencies are represented in the PPSC
having two members so, I personally think, it is vital that we also send two
representatives from the NCUC. The need to have two members is also
important as within the PPSC there are two separate groups (the PDP one and
the Working Group one). Currently I am sitting in the working group one, so
we need someone to sit in the PDP one - I have the fear that unless we find
another volunteer we will be misrepresented with the other constituencies
pulling the strings (there are so many fights really I can fight by myself).

Any volunteers please come forward and we can take it from there. More
information can be found at:
https://st.icann.org/icann-ppsc/index.cgi?policy_process_steering_committee_
ppsc

Thank you.