Cairo minutes responses and discussion points

Milton L Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Thu Nov 6 16:14:59 CET 2008

Yes, the Executive Committee nature will change completely, so we WILL
have to completely replace the EC in 2009. Under the new proposal, 2 EC
members are elected by constituencies, so there is a completely
different electorate and a slightly different function. (This is not
true, of course, of the GNSO Council).

My statement was that we can keep the old EC reps on until they are
replaced by a new structure.

And keep in mind that we don't know how the rest of the community will
react to our new structure proposal.

Cheryl:
I am unclear which Charter is referenced.  A charter does not now exist
for the unformed NCSG.  Thus, this must refer to the charter of the
former NCUC, which will not be binding on any of the other
constituencies in the NCSG.  In addition, as noted below, the afternoon
discussion suggests a different vision of the EC.