Draft NCSG petition, please review

Milton L Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Sun Nov 16 05:00:44 CET 2008

Dear members:

Attached is the draft charter for the Noncommercial Stakeholders Group
that some of us in the Executive Committee have been working on.

I'd like to send this to the Board in a week or so, so if you are
interested in the future structure of the NCSG please review it and
voice your approval, or propose modifications.

It tries to follow the basic framework we have been discussing, but with
some modifications based on our post-Cairo discussions.

We've raised the threshold for constituency formation a bit; instead of
any 5 members, the minimum level of support will be EITHER 3
organizational + 3 individual members, OR 10 individual members.

In order to prevent gaming the constituency structure, we've also
imposed a limit on the number of constituencies any member can join: 3.

Attached as a Word doc. If there are a lot of proposed amendments and
things get complicated I will put it into Google docs or something.

--MM