Assessing the ICANN JPA

Carlos Afonso ca at RITS.ORG.BR
Mon Jan 21 15:54:38 CET 2008

Thanks for this, Milton. Besides your points and relevant comments
already made by Adam on the accountability issue, there is another point
which ought to be considered: with or without the JPA, ICANN will remain
as a US non-profit corporation based in California -- ie, a US national
corporation under US laws. So without the JPA it will not automatically
"denationalize", of course. This would be a relevant first step, but a
lot needs to be done after this to make it truly autonomous from any
State -- a true international organization.

[]s fraternos

--c.a.

--
Carlos A. Afonso