Fwd: [At-Large] Strange Bedfellows

Adam Peake ajp at GLOCOM.AC.JP
Tue Jan 8 15:12:39 CET 2008

Milton, thanks for the answer.

Not an issue I've managed to get very excited
about.  For a user wanting to buy a
meaningful/useful name, well... they aren't the
ones involved here (those are already parked.)

But I don't see the benefit argument -- If I make
a mistake when paying for a $9 ($10, $20) item.
Tough.  Not as if registering a name doesn't give
you a few chances before clicking "pay".  That it
was not part of any policy development process or
discussion also makes it weak (a few DNSO or GNSO
folk sitting around thinking "this would be nice,
let's tag it on some policy process" is not good.)

I'd suggest removing the AGP because it's bad
policy and bad policy process. But won't get very
upset either way.

OK to forward your reply to the At Large list?

Adam