Important! Nominating Committee appointment

Milton L Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Wed Aug 20 00:53:21 CEST 2008

Dear members:
We need to appoint someone to serve on the ICANN Nominating Committee.
NCUC gets to appoint one representative. The Nomcom plays a very
important role in selecting Board members and in appointing people to
the Councils of the supporting organizations. The person we send to the
Nomcom will have to assess numerous candidates for these positions and
work to achieve consensus with other Nomcom committee members on the
best candidates. Karen Banks was our appointee for the last two years, I
hope she has time to add some words about what it was like and what any
person who volunteers should be prepared for. Travel costs to meetings
are covered, as I understand it.

I am asking for nominations or self-nominations. The Executive Committee
actually makes the selection, but we need to have candidates.

Milton Mueller
Professor, Syracuse University School of Information Studies
XS4All Professor, Delft University of Technology