updated domain name tasting constituency statement

Danny Younger dannyyounger at YAHOO.COM
Tue Apr 1 22:06:40 CEST 2008

Hello Robin,

There is a lively debate underway on the General
Assembly discussion list regarding an option that has
previously been raised by many in the public realm
--the complete elimination of the Add Grace Period.

As you are aware, the GNSO team that put forward the
current motion did not publicly discuss, debate or
otherwise consider this particular option in their
mailing list discussions.

You will also recall that the Report of the Ad Hoc
Group on Domain Tasting stated:  "A change to the
status quo in the AGP, including the potential
elimination of the AGP, is considered as one of the
potential remedies to domain tasting."

As I am of the view that all options (and their
respective pros and cons) should be evaluated prior to
arriving at a formal constituency statement, I would
ask you to delay ratification of the NCUC Statement
until such time as the debate on this topic has
properly run its course.

best wishes,
Danny