Results of the Voting for ALAC Nominating Committee 2008 Appointments

Robert Guerra lists at PRIVATERRA.INFO
Fri Sep 28 18:21:34 CEST 2007

Danny:

i'll be posting a message shortly with details.

I'll just say this now - we all wear many different hats. While you
might think of Ross as a member of one constituency, i see also have
had the opportunity to see him as a representative of users in his
role as a director on CIRA (.ca)

I think ross shares the values of transparency , openness and advoacy
that both ncuc and alac share. My personal opinion is that he was the
best known and experienced candidate proposed this year. The choice
ultimately rests with  ALAC in consultation with NA alac reps - said
process was followed.

I know you proposed a candidate, but i chose not to support him. My
interest was to  to select someone from Canada as I believe that the
candidates from Canada were more able to constructively engage both
ALAC, the user community and nomcom. Between the two Canadian
candidates I chose the one that, i personally felt - knew ICANN
better and would be more strategic for users.

regards

robert