NomCom selections announced

Carlos Afonso ca at RITS.ORG.BR
Wed Sep 26 19:36:19 CEST 2007

Well, Cheryl, your correct vision is not dependent upon the past
(although there might be an academic interest in reviewing the past
elections). We should always strive to bring new organizations to NCUC
and to make sure people who want to participate more effectively in the
organization become candidates for the different posts.

The hard fact is that it is not easy to get people more involved. This
is a volunteer work with an organization which relies on a near-symbolic
budget.

This being said, I hope you become a candidate! :)

[] fraterno

--c.a.

Cheryl Preston wrote:
> Milton, in addition could you tell us who has served on the Executive
> Committee of the NCUC in the past, especially those who are still in
> the group?
>
> I note Adam's comment below about experience being a plus.  Unless we
> branch out and give new people a chance to work up through the
> Executive Committee to Chair and to positions that we select for
> other committees, the NCUC will become dependent on a small, tight
> group with similar interests and positions.  A circulating system
> where some people with experience are combined with some new people
> seems preferable.  A regular influx of new officers, with new ideas
> and perspectives, representing a different variety of the members of
[...]