[Fwd: [NCUC-DISCUSS] Ross Rader's resolution on WHOIS]

Alan Levin alan at AFRIDNS.ORG
Thu Sep 20 14:52:58 CEST 2007

On 20 Sep 2007, at 2:00 PM, Carlos Afonso wrote:
> I guess this is the proposal from Rader you were looking for.

Carlos, many thanks for this.  I read it and wish it helped.

What has this to do with what I think I was disagreeing with, i.e.:

Begin forwarded message:
> I am asking ALL NCUC members to express their opinion on this by
> replying to this email. Just check one of the two boxes. Add
> comments if you have any.
>
> NCUC should respond to the Draft Staff Report on Whois by
> expressing its support for Motion #3 contained in the report. That
> motion declares that there is no consensus on existing Whois policy
> and asks that the Whois portions of the Registrar Accreditation
> Agreement be "sunsetted" (i.e., expired) at the end of 2008. This
> motion should NOT be withdrawn if Motion #1 passes.
I cannot work out what motion #3 is....

What has Ross's proposal got to do with the Draft Staff Report on Whois?

This is complicated.... and hence why my email was not a simple agree/
disagree. Maybe someone can help me locate my opinion within the
quagmire of documents and views on the whois. I guess this is why I
struggle to participate in ncuc is a useful way. My sincere
apologies. I will switch back to lurk mode :(

Warm regards,

Alan

Alan Levin - Chairman
Internet Society of South Africa