ALAC board liaison elections - 07/08

Robert Guerra lists at PRIVATERRA.INFO
Mon Sep 10 15:08:05 CEST 2007

A short note to let you all know that the ICANN at-large advisory
committee recently voted to elect its liaison to the board. the two
candidates were Vittorio Bertola & Wendy Seltzer.

For reasons that I can't quite explain,  results were delayed  for
about a week. However, when the were - the results were clear - Wendy
won by a clear majority. Her appointment will take effect, I believe
at the next ICANN meeting in LA.

On a related note - that of appointments to Nomcom. The At-large
advisory committee appoints 5 members to the committee. One per
region. The process could have been more transparent - in fact,
that's one of the processes i'm hoping can be better coordinated with
NCUC in the future.

That being said... Wendy was also a candidate for one of the North
American ALAC nomcom slots. She's withdrawing her name from that
process. The remaining list of names that are being considered are
listed below .

https://st.icann.org/naralo/index.cgi?
na_nominating_committee_candidates_2007

     * Hugh Dierker [USA]
           o current chair of the GNSO's General Assembly
                 + Proposed by Danny Younger
                 + Confirmed
     * Michael Geist [Canada]
           o Professor, University of Ottawa Law School
                 + Proposed by Robert Guerra
                 + Contacted at CIRA annual meeting (Sept 6, 2007)
                 + Will shortly reply if interested.
                 + Bio: Brief Bio, Complete CV
     * Evan Leibovich [Canada]
           o ALS Representative, CLUE (Canada)
                 + Proposed by Beau & Robert
                 + Confirmed

With Wendy's name out of the running, i'm personally in favor of a
Canadian. My first preference is Michael Geist (if he's willing),
followed by Evan Leibovich .

regards,

Robert
---