NCUC ELECTIONS - VOTE NOW (deadline is tomorrow)

Marcelo Fernandes Costa mfernandes at CGI.BR
Wed Oct 31 18:34:16 CET 2007

Dear NCUC fellows,

We are living our electoral process. Unfortunately only 16 of 36
possible voters voted up to now. It represents less than 45 % of the
organizations that make part of the NCUC.

Our organization is very small in terms of participants, but very
important in his acting inside ICANN. We are always very well
represented in the GNSO Council and are acting in several fronts
inside ICANN.

We are regularly developing and presenting precious contributions,
responding to ICANN?s challenges, confronting ideas and projects that
not always are the best alternatives for the Internet community.

We have been supporting the spacious discussion with campaigns as
?Keep the Core Neutral? and produced papers with clear positions in
the main discussions that are developed within ICANN, like new gTLDs?
policies.

However we always have a small participation in our face-to-face
meetings. In our list just a small group of persons is shown and in
this decisive moment, our internal elections, we have a large part of
our group which does not participate.

I ask you to dedicate two minutes of your attention and locate the
e-mail you received from ncuc2007 at registro.br and subject NCUC
Elections with instructions on how to vote (deadline is tomorrow).

Your participation is very important. We need a strengthened and
participative NCUC, playing a critical and independent role in several
issues related to the ICANN world, the politics and governance of the
global Internet.

I would like to use this opportunity to stimulate each one of the
organizations to promote the discussion in their countries, spread the
work of the NCUC and stimulate new organizations to take part and to
participate in our constituency within ICANN.

I trust this appeal meets a good response and that tomorrow we will
have, if not the totality, most of the NCUC votes to enhance
legitimacy of our representatives.

Be sure that the independent NCUC is very relevant within a system
like ICANN, where frequently conflicts of interest permeate its
processes.

Best regards,

Marcelo Fernandes
Executive Committee Member