[new title] Public comments for Whois - TIMELY!

Milton L Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Sat Oct 27 04:46:17 CEST 2007

It would be better to send in your comments individually than to sign on to those of a single organization.

   _____

From: Non-Commercial User Constituency [mailto:NCUC-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU] On Behalf Of KathrynKL at AOL.COM
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2007 9:41 AM
To: NCUC-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: [NCUC-DISCUSS] [new title] Public comments for Whois - TIMELY!

* IMPORTANT *,

Marc and EPIC have given us a great gift.  EPIC sat down, analyzed the Whois Working Group (WG) report, and wrote an important set of comments.  I will circulate the text in my next message, but in a nutshell, EPIC says that the Whois WG came to some very important agreements that move the Whois process forward (at last!):  the WG agree to protect the privacy of individual registrants (hooray!), accept the OPOC proposal (operational point of contact) and set out the responsibilities of the OPOC.  These are great comments!

Please help EPIC and NCUC!  Please sign on to the comments of EPIC by sending Marc your name and organization at HYPERLINK "mailto:rotenberg at epic.org"rotenberg at epic.org.

Also, please submit your own comments.  We are seeing so many comments from the largest companies in the world that we need more entries on our side.  Take some of Marc's points, or even write a letter to the comments saying that you endorse and support the EPIC comments and the Whois WG work.

7 years of hard work is on the line.  NCUC has fought this issue for so long.

Please help!

Kathy

<<Our hope is to drive the ICANN board to a resolution of

the issue, which we understand they are very interested

in reaching.

If you would like to sign-on, please send a note. We need

to finalize in the next day or two.

Regards,

Marc.

=