[new title] Public comments for Whois - TIMELY!

KathrynKL at AOL.COM KathrynKL at AOL.COM
Fri Oct 26 15:40:50 CEST 2007

* IMPORTANT *,
Marc and EPIC have given us a great gift.  EPIC sat down, analyzed  the Whois
Working Group (WG) report, and wrote an important set of  comments.  I will
circulate the text in my next message, but in a nutshell,  EPIC says that the
Whois WG came to some very important agreements that move the  Whois process
forward (at last!):  the WG agree to protect the privacy of  individual
registrants (hooray!), accept the OPOC proposal (operational point of  contact) and
set out the responsibilities of the OPOC.  These are great  comments!

Please help EPIC and NCUC!  Please sign on to the comments of EPIC by
sending Marc your name and organization at _rotenberg at epic.org_
(mailto:rotenberg at epic.org) .

Also, please submit your own comments.  We are seeing so many comments  from
the largest companies in the world that we need more entries on our  side.
Take some of Marc's points, or even write a letter to the comments  saying that
you endorse and support the EPIC comments and the Whois WG  work.

7 years of hard work is on the line.  NCUC has fought this issue for  so
long.
Please help!
Kathy

<<Our hope is to drive the ICANN board to a resolution  of

the issue, which we understand they are very interested
in reaching.

If you would like to sign-on, please send a note. We need
to finalize in the next day or two.

Regards,

Marc.

=

On Oct 24, 2007, at 2:45 PM, _KathrynKL at AOL.COM_ (mailto:KathrynKL at AOL.COM)