Summary of this morning's GNSO Policy Council meeting

Danny Younger dannyyounger at YAHOO.COM
Thu Oct 11 18:21:02 CEST 2007

Why was the decision made to postpone the initiation
of a PDP on Domain Tasting?

After more than two years of suffering abuse from
Domain Tasting practices, and after a fact-finding WG
had already completed its efforts with a final report
having been submitted, is it so very hard for the
Council to decide whether policy might need to be
crafted to deal with this issue?

I'm curious as to what position our councilors took on
this issue... did they support or reject this needless
delay?

http://gnso.icann.org/drafts/gnso-igo-drp-report-v2-28sep07.pdf

http://www.gnso.icann.org/drafts/gnso-domain-tasting-adhoc-outcomes-report-final.pdf

http://gnso.icann.org/drafts/Transfer-Policy-Issues-23aug07.pdf