Elections

Dany Vandromme vandrome at RENATER.FR
Thu Oct 25 13:06:26 CEST 2007

I would prefer that way before voting, rather than filling the
ballots for candidates, based on their name only.
What about other candidates?
Could they explain their position, even those not in competition?
Thanks
Dany
-
On Oct 24, 2007, at 10:25 PM, Robert Guerra wrote:

> [...]
> challenges being faced by  a variety of social justice NGOs in
> regards to surveillance, censorship and privacy.
>
> I am currently the NCUC representative for Computer Professionals
> for Social Responsibility (CPSR), acting also as their board
> secretary. I was actively involved in the the UN World Summit -
> being an active member of civil society bureau , the internet
> governance caucus as well as being the NGO advisor to the official
> Canadian Government delegation.
>
> In terms of disclosure -  I currently  advise  several non-profits
> and/or their related projects , including Taking IT Global,
> DiploFoundation's Internet Governance and Policy Capacity Building
> Programme, The Open Net Initiative and The Internet Corporations
> for Assigned Names and Numbers's At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC)
> and its Security and Stability Advisory Committee - to name a few.
>
> Objectives I envision for NCUC in 07/08:
>
> - NCUC needs to further develop its efforts to make sure that ICANN
> stays focused on its narrow core mission of technical co-ordination.
> - While ICANN is to be congratulated on its efforts to implement
> IDN, it must not get in the business of being a content regulator.
> KTCN needs to be supported - and strongly by NCUC members without
> reservation.
> - Yes, there are strong opinions on censorship and "inappropriate
> content" , however ICANN is not the  place nor the venue where the
> issue should be discussed. Content regulation is inconsistent with
> Freedom of expression principles.  NCUC's message on this must be
> strong and clear.
> - Funding needs to be obtained to ensure that get NCUC members can
> participate in ongoing ICANN policy areas such as GNSO
> - Support idea that funding should be drawn from ICANN's ever
> increasing surplus to fund (without strings) participation of GNSO
> members who do not have he financial means to do so. Financial
> support should be based only on  financial need.
> - Support idea that NCUC officially and unofficially engage other
> key icann stakeholders on issues of common interest and concern.
> Building strategic alliances is important - NCUC should pursue this
> to the best of its ability.
> - Outreach activities should be pursued to help promote NCUC
> message. These should including blog postings by NCUC excom members
> as well as speaking engagements at fora where non commercial users
> and/or groups might be present.
>

> Should you have any questions  - please, feel free to post a comment .
>
> it would be an honour to be re-lected to the NCUC excom.
>
> regards
>
> Robert
>

> On 24-Oct-07, at 10:58 AM, Neal McBurnett wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Sep 28, 2007 at 03:32:42PM -0600, Cheryl Preston wrote:
>>> I am interested in getting involved in the NCUC leadership.  I
>>> would be happy to run for any office.  Perhaps the best way for a
>>> new person to start is to be the North American rep on the

Dany VANDROMME                    |  Directeur du GIP RENATER

                 Reseau National de Telecommunications
          pour la Technologie, l'Enseignement et la Recherche

                                   |  ENSAM
Tel   :  +33 (0)1 53 94 20 30     |  151 Boulevard de l'Hopital
Fax   :  +33 (0)1 53 94 20 31     |  75013 Paris
E-mail: Dany.Vandromme at renater.fr |  FRANCE
http://www.renater.fr             |