Elections

Robert Guerra lists at PRIVATERRA.INFO
Thu Oct 25 03:58:07 CEST 2007

Cheryl:

let me quickly comment on your note below..

On 24-Oct-07, at 6:45 PM, Cheryl Preston wrote:

> In the meantime, can anyone tell me what the funding is currently
> for the NCUC?  How much does it get from ICANN?

NCUC gets no funding from ICANN. This is a good thing, as some select
other constituencies are funded - but it comes at the cost of
perceived  interference. If i'm not mistaken, there was an earlier
discussion on this very topic recently between Milton and I .

> And are there any other sources of revenue available to the
> constituency?

As part of the GNSO review there  is some discussion about this.

> Robert, does Sage fund your efforts to stay involved in the NCUC?
> I am looking for ideas on how to fund the time and expenses of
> being involved in these very critical activities.

I have no direct funding for ICANN nor IGF related activities.  At
least not yet...

Finding funding for ICANN related activities is a challenge. A
preferable approach would be to have NCUC seek funds (be it a grant,
donation, or lump sum award) , that in turn would be administered by
the excom without strings nor preconditions. The funding would be
used, ideally, to cover the cost of NCUC delegates able to contribute
in an active fashion as well as commission policy papers.

regards

Robert

ps. will you be in LA? if so, will be good to chat with you there.