Summary of this morning's GNSO Policy Council meeting

Danny Younger dannyyounger at YAHOO.COM
Thu Oct 11 19:10:55 CEST 2007

Re:  Is there something that will happen in the next
two weeks that makes a two-week postponement to
complete the record superfluous?

Robin,

We all know that a PDP on Domain Tasting could have
been started ages ago without a preliminary
fact-finding group having been established (as
fact-finding is part of the formal PDP process).  The
Council has consistently chosen to postpone rather
than to tackle issues head-on.  I wish to know the
root cause of this symptom.  Does the Council think
that it has too much on its plate?  If it can't handle
the job, perhaps we should be thinking about a major
restructuring of the GNSO to allow for a dynamic
coalition approach rather than the static constituency
approach that seems to favor tyranny by the majority
rather than true consensus...