let's try for a Sunday call?

Milton Mueller Mueller at SYR.EDU
Mon May 21 17:23:51 CEST 2007

Would someone prepare a systematic, step by step explanation of how to
use Horacio's platform, suitable for nontechies coming from a variety of
platforms?

This should, obviously, be prepared by someone who refuses to use Skype
on ideological grounds. ;-) i.e., if your argument against proprietary
tools is not to be de facto exclusionary you must take the
responsibility to make the alternatives known and accessible to others.

Tan Tin Wee wrote:
> ok i got through using Gizmo project.
> You have to enter 1234#
> and then 5678#
 > and then say your name and then #

   The # tells the Asterix PABX that you're done entering
the numbers.  If "1234" doesn't work for you,
then "1234#" would work.

> Also the voice on the phone goes very quickly.
> hard to decipher what the female voice was saying.

   It's the American Female voice I downloaded from the Net.
It does speak a little fast. I could download the British
Mail voice but it doesn't contain all the messages I wanted.
   Too bad, by the time I joined the conference, you had already
disconnected.

When you call, asterisk answers
 >Please enter a conference number for the conference you wish to join
1234#
 >Please enter the conference number PIN number
5678#
 >After the tone, say your name and then press the pound key
Say your name #
1
 >Your message has been saved. (Then it says how many people are in the
conference)

Then you wait for other callers ...
When another person comes in and records a name, the attendant will
say
"name" has joined the conference.

> trying fring now.
> oops, it doesn't allow me to key in the
> conference numbers after the call is made.
> nor the passwords.....

I guess fring disables the keypad when the call is made. I have a SE
P990i
and have been waiting for ages for fring to release a version for it.
No luck.
Everyone says I'd be in for a looooong wait.

--
Bombim Cadiz