let's try for a Sunday call?

Georg C. F. Greve greve at FSFEUROPE.ORG
Fri May 18 13:31:42 CEST 2007

 || On Thu, 17 May 2007 15:21:29 -0700
 || Mawaki Chango <ki_chango at YAHOO.COM> wrote:

 mc> So apart from being careful to one's system security,

Considering that you are running a piece of software of which you have
no idea what it is doing, that is by definition connected to the
network and that has full access to all your data and system, how
exactly are you careful about your security?

 mc> I don't really see a big deal out of tolerating some peering
 mc> contribution in bandwith [...]

I recommend you take a look at some of the legislation around DRM and
copyright, in particular. Robin will know more about this than me, but
to my knowledge the EFF had quite some fun with legal attacks against
anonymisers where the individual nodes also had no idea of what they
were transporting.

Regards,
Georg

--