let's try for a Sunday call?

Mawaki Chango ki_chango at YAHOO.COM
Fri May 18 00:21:29 CEST 2007

In fact, I thought peer to peer was very cool with the earlier
napster, kaaza, emule, etc. against the IPR devil... and that
one of the principle is when you free ride in one direction, you
should allow others (your peers) to free ride the other
direction, which also was (still is?) the essence of peering.

So apart from being careful to one's system security, I don't
really see a big deal out of tolerating some peering
contribution in bandwith in counterpart of the valuable service
of free voip teleconference with as many people as needed around
the world... Until there is a better system, i.e. a fully
equivalent alternative that embeds our preferred values. In the
mean time, the other option is to pay for the level of service
we want. I fail to see anything else.

Mawaki