Single Letter Reserved Names

Danny Younger dannyyounger at YAHOO.COM
Thu Mar 8 21:46:34 CET 2007

An update:

An ALT4 choice has just been added by the subgroup on
single letter reserved names:

[ALT4]: Open auction model involving the release and
allocation of single letter ASCII domain names at the
second level and allocation of funds to benefit ICANN
stakeholder interests and reduce dependency on
Registry/Registrar contributions; provides funds to
assist in supporting capacity building in developing
countries, and on security issues. This open would
require further discussion of the allocation process.

http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-rn-wg/msg00287.html