[pdp-pcceg-feb06] Current Status on Recommendation for ToR 5

Mawaki Chango ki_chango at YAHOO.COM
Thu Mar 1 17:26:38 CET 2007

Although NCUC replied positively to the previous version of the
recommendations to TOR-5 as to whether there should be a policy
regarding the use of registry/traffic data, and whether any such
policy should ensure non-discriminatory access to the data (including
safeguards against misuse, etc.,)

NCUC has not been able to determine a clear support or rejection of
the new recommendation, specifically on the point of commissioning an
external/independent study on the data collected and its uses.

Please note that the main reason for rejection was the distrust in
the face of the poor track record, argue the tenent(s) of that
position, of use of ICANN/GNSO independent reports. While the main
reason for supporting the current recommendation was that a study
would be expected to consistently help realize the objectives in the
previous recommendations NCUC agreed on, with probably better outcome
(so think the tenant(s) of this position.)

Ultimately, NCUC abstains to take a position on the need for an
independent study, and more generally, on the current recommendation
to TOR-5 of the PDP on the existing registry contractual conditions.

Best regards,

Mawaki