[gnso-dow123] Email from the Registry Constituency

Danny Younger dannyyounger at YAHOO.COM
Mon Mar 5 16:41:54 CET 2007

Milton,

Re:  This TF does not need to specify every detail of
the OPoC proposal, that is not in its terms of
reference.

Sorry, but I see it differently.  Note Terms of
Reference #3:

(3) Determine what data collected should be available
for public access in the context of the purpose of
WHOIS. Determine how to access data that is not
available for public access.

The access issue has not been addressed by the TF.
Wrapping up the TF efforts without even considering
tiered access or other proposals is irresponsible.

Further, as much as you would like to promote your own
point of view as being representative of that of
non-commercial organizations, the comments that I read
from the American Heart Association, the March of
Dimes and the American Red Cross lead me to believe
that there is not unanimity of thought within the
non-commercial world on the WHOIS issue.

regards,
Danny