[gnso-dow123] Email from the Registry Constituency

Danny Younger dannyyounger at YAHOO.COM
Mon Mar 5 14:29:38 CET 2007

Milton,

I'd like to address your comment that "ICANN will
never work if people can reopen issues after the
process dealing with them is closed".

It seems to me that the problem is the closure of the
process prior to outstanding problems being resolved.
The last WHOIS public comment period saw a large
number of commentators addressing the myriad flaws
present in both the OPOC and the Special Circumstances
proposals... yet the TF did absolutely nothing to
improve the proposals based upon the public feedback.

The OPOC proposal still has holes in it so large that
you could drive a truck through them.

As the registry constituency has asked:  "what happens
when the non-published Whois data is requested of the
OPoC?  This question must be answered in sufficient
detail to provide policy direction regarding what,
when, how and to whom non-published Whois data must be
released by the OPoC."

We would be better off by acknowledging that the job
remains unfinished and tasking a new set of
participants to finalize this work.  Having the TF
wrap up their affairs by voting on which incomplete
proposal is best is surely a foolhardy exercise.