Slides on NCUC response to GNSO Reform

Dan Krimm dan at MUSICUNBOUND.COM
Thu Jun 28 17:40:23 CEST 2007

Karen,

I'm not exactly sure about the process here -- Milton will have to comment
now, because I have not been involved in this process.  I'm still pretty
new here -- only seriously involved with NCUC for a few months (just got
on this list in the last couple weeks), and this is my first ICANN
meeting, so I'm still on a learning curve.  And what I'm learning is that
process is a very nuanced thing around here!  Or perhaps I should say "ad
hoc"...

What I can say is that there are really two separate but related things
going on in parallel:

 - GNSO restructuring
 - ALAC/NCUC development of increased relationships

These are not completely interdependent, only partially so.  Sorry I can't
be more specific about this.

Dan

> thanks dan
>
> it's a very important discussion..
>
> what are the next steps?
>
> karen
>
> At 16:07 28/06/2007, Dan Krimm wrote:
>>Hi Karen,
>>
>>I was at the meeting and can clarify.
>>
>>The point you have arrowed recognizes that ALAC is not restricted to GNSO
>>(as is NCUC).  ALAC has a direct relationship with the Board, and the
>>suggestion is that it maintain this relationship moving forward.
>>
>>The idea is to increase formal and informal relationships between NCUC
>> and
>>ALAC without necessarily changing the organizational location of either
>>group in the ICANN overall structure.  ALAC remains an advisory
>> committee,
>>and NCUC remains part of the GNSO, within whatever stakeholder grouping
>>arrangement that finally results from the org modification.
>>
>>Dan
>>

>> > hi milton

>> > thanks for this.. i'll forward to europe ALAC also..
>> >
>> > can you explain what this means (last slide)?
>> >
>> > ALAC and the GNSO and beyond

>> > - Retain separate role for At Large
>> > - All-ICANN, not just domain names <=== ???
>> >
>> > Elect Board members?
>> > - But
facilitate movement of interested  individuals and ALSs into