Fwd: [gtld-council] NCUC Statement on Rec. #6

Mawaki Chango ki_chango at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jul 23 13:31:19 CEST 2007

Please find attached the minority statement to the
recommendation #6 of the new gTLD policy, drafted by Robin on
behalf of NCUC.

The last time I checked, the recommendation #6 supported by the
rest of of the committee reads (note, Avri is also going to
submit a statement for at least one of the recom. but I don't
remeber which one(s)):

Strings must not be contrary to generally accepted legal norms
relating to morality and public order that are recognized under
international principles of law.

Examples of such principles of law include, but are not limited
to, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR), the
International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR),
the Convention on the Elimination of all forms of Discrimination
Against Women (CEDAW) and the International Convention on the
Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination, intellectual
property treaties administered by the World Intellectual
Property Organisation (WIPO) and the WTO Agreement on
Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS).

Mawaki