Domain Tasting

Milton L Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Mon Jul 2 19:58:44 CEST 2007

Can our Council members nominate Danny to participate in the tasting WG on our behalf? Or is this restricted to Council members?

For the record, here's my initial perspective on domain tasting:
-- The Pay per Click and domainer industries are not, in and of themselves, big problems to NC users.
-- The free 5-day grace period cannot be considered a right of domainers; it was created for other purposes
-- Insofar as the grace period encourages registrars to hold on to domains that should drop into the common pool it is not a good thing

reactions to these talking points welcome.
--MM

________________________________

From: Non-Commercial User Constituency on behalf of Danny Younger
Sent: Mon 7/2/2007 8:06 AM
To: Milton L Mueller; NCUC-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: [NCUC-DISCUSS] Domain Tasting

In San Juan, the GNSO Council resolved:

1) To acknowledge the Issues Report on Domain Tasting;

2) To create a small, ad hoc group of GNSO
representatives to direct and consider further
research on domain tasting, including but not limited
to the Questions posed by ICANN staff on page 30 of
the Issues Report, and to draft terms of reference for
a possible GNSO policy development process in a timely
way;

3) To direct the ICANN staff to work with the ad hoc
group to gather further information and data about the
domain tasting issue and make further recommendations
on effectively scoping a PDP;

4) To consider the further research and terms of
reference, receive a status report on non-PDP
mechanisms regarding domain tasting, and to consider
whether to launch a policy development process on
domain tasting at the  September 2007 GNSO Council
meeting.

I would appreciate the opportunity to be part of this
"small, ad hoc group".

regards,
Danny Younger

Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.