Domain Tasting

Milton L Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Mon Jul 2 22:52:42 CEST 2007

Good, well then looks like there is no barrier to nominating Danny to be our representative. Can you fill us in on how you approach the issue Danny?
--MM

-----Original Message-----
From: Non-Commercial User Constituency [mailto:NCUC-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU] On Behalf Of Danny Younger
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2007 2:32 PM
To: Milton L Mueller; NCUC-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: Re: [NCUC-DISCUSS] Domain Tasting

Milton,

This is the relevant portion of the Council
transcript:

 >>ROBIN GROSS:  Yeah, I am a little bit concerned
about setting up an ad hoc group of the council
members to go into this right now.  I'm concerned
because we've got a lot of work on our plate at the
moment with the new gTLD issues and the WHOIS issues
and the IDN issues and we only have three council
members per constituency and I just don't think we'd
be able to effectively participate in the -- in such
an ad hoc group.  And so I'm just worried -- I don't
think we can support it for that reason.

 >>CHUCK GOMES:  Is the motion restricting it to GNSO
council members or just GNSO representatives?

 >>AVRI DORIA:  It's to representatives.

 >>CHUCK GOMES:  So I think it -- I absolutely respect
what you're saying and understand that, but I don't
think that we have restrict it to council members.

 >>AVRI DORIA:  No, when I was looking for council
members as a core, I wanted to make sure there were at
least some council members that were prepared to
participate but it does specifically say represent
"representatives."  Does it change it at all for you?

 >>ROBIN GROSS:  I am still concerned that we won't be
able to find the adequate representation at this point
in time to be able to participate effectively in this
process.  So I would prefer that we put it off a
little bit until we get some of the other issues off
of our plate, and then we can really, perhaps, give
more attention to this issue.