elections -- candidates -- we need Africa!

Mawaki Chango ki_chango at YAHOO.COM
Thu Feb 22 03:47:12 CET 2007

Maybe you haven't seen Olivier's email yet? the incumbent has at last
shown interest to run for reelection, so I'm not sure to understand
what you need another Africa candidate for.

I nominated Ababacar (after consulting him and getting his consent)
because we haven't got any reaction from Olivier since December when
the call for candidates were first launched, and it was more than
time to proceed and do something about it.

Besides, I beleive before the nominee sends his acceptance to the
constituency (or at least for his acceptance to be relevant,) his
nomination needed to be seconded.

Conclusion: in the present circumstances, it is irrelevant whether he
has accepted his nomination or not.

Mawaki