Fwd: Map of the GNSO Policy Development Process

Milton Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Sun Feb 18 16:38:39 CET 2007

Karen:
As Danny explained, the PDP _schedule_ is honored mainly in the breach.

The "map" however does give you an idea of the process structure; e.g.,
what does it mean when the secretariat issues a "call for public
comment". what is the relationship between the GNSO Council, a Task
Force, etc.

If you want to know what is going on in any specific policy development
process, the only way is to get people to attend the teleconferences and
to report to the rest of us on what is really going on.

>>> karen banks <karenb at GN.APC.ORG> 2/18/2007 5:35 AM >>>
hi robert

thanks for posting this.. these kinds of simple explanatory diagrams
are important in demystifying ICANN internal proceses.. do you know
who did the diagram?

icanner's in the know - are there other materials like this on the
ICANN site?

karen