Fwd: [council] Response from GoDaddy regarding action taken with respect to a .org domain name

Mawaki Chango ki_chango at YAHOO.COM
Fri Feb 2 23:31:19 CET 2007

> I am concerned less with the specifics of this case then with the
> process generally.

Good! The confusion may have come from the fact that the article you
pointed to, which was also forwarded by Robert, was discussing that
specific case (and not ICANN policy, or lack thereof, in that
regard,) and rather in terms that may have sounded to some slightly
one-sided. At least I guess that is the reason why GoDaddy requested
a right of response on the council list. I perfectly realize that you
didn't mean your post to NCUC list to be forwarded to the council
list but rather to provoke discussion on the broader policy issues
within NCUC first, but things happened otherwise.

As to those policy questions you're raising, I may summarize the
issues and forward them to the council (maybe to the particular
attention of the registrar constituency) with a post-hoc disclaimer
about the thread on the specific case GoDaddy's vs. Seclists.org.

It may depend on what the others think, if at all.

Mawaki