FW: Consultation on ICANN Strategic Plan

Milton L Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Fri Aug 24 06:32:42 CEST 2007

Yet another consultation. Anyone care to take the lead? Adam? Horacio?

-----Original Message-----
From: Olof Nordling [mailto:olof.nordling at icann.org]
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2007 7:56 AM
To: Milton L Mueller
Subject: Consultation on ICANN Strategic Plan

Dear Milton,
As you may already have noted from the posting on the website, ICANN has
begun consultation for the July 2008 - June 2011 Strategic Plan, see
http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-2-28jun07.htm. At this stage
we are seeking the views of the community on the challenges and
opportunities that ICANN is likely to face over the next three to five
years.
This is the first part of a multi-phase consultation on the development of
the strategic plan. During the next phase we will be seeking comments on the
issues paper that is developed from the comments received during this
initial consultation. In September we will be seeking comments on the draft
plan.  Consultation sessions will also be conducted at the next ICANN
meeting in Los Angeles in late October.  The timeframe is fairly tight as we
need to ensure that we have a plan developed for approval by the Board in
December, in accordance with the ICANN planning calendar.
During this initial stage we do not need a consensus view from the NCUC
(although we would welcome one if you would like to provide one); individual
comments are welcome.
Could you please let the NCUC members know that this consultation is
underway and ask them to contribute to the comment forum that can be found
on at http://www.icann.org/planning/consultation-stratplan-2008.htm.
Alternatively, we would be happy to organize a phone consultation with NCUC
members if you prefer.  Please contact me to arrange this.
Thank you for your support in this important aspect of ICANN's planning
activity.

Very best regards
Olof

-----------------
Olof Nordling
Manager, Policy Development Coordination
ICANN
6 Rond Point Schuman, Bt.5
B-1040 Brussels, Belgium
Tel.: +32.2.234 7872