FW: Please sort out this problem!

Milton L Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Thu Aug 23 17:16:13 CEST 2007

Forwarded for Eung Hwi, who used the wrong email address

 ---------- 전달된 메시지 ----------
From: "Chun Eung Hwi" <ehchun at gmail.com>
To: "Milton L Mueller" < mueller at syr.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 09:37:07 +0900
Subject: Re: [NCUC-DISCUSS] OECD and the "Future of the Internet Economy"

Dear Milton Mueller,

Thank you for your timely information!

Since your last message on this and professor Wu's reminder for this, I have discussed with local members how our civil society members could join in this event.  At the moment, the general response is not so positive partly because most of them are exhausted with grappling with local IT concerned issues, but I and our colleagues would push them to cooperate together for this event.

I want to know more what civil society group are expecting particularly for internet governance issues and what our local members could help other civil society participants. One thing I can say now is that the Ministry of Information & Communication (MIC) has never contacted or informed local civil society members for this preparation although local preparation team has been organized. Of course, local civil society members can address our concerns on this event and find out how we could join in the preparation team. However, at the moment, we are just observing what is taking place. Unfortunately, all preparation things are completely not open. I am just getting some information from IT companies who belong to the preparation team.

regards,

Chun