FW: [announce] Fellowships to Ensure Global Voices Heard at ICANN

Milton L Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Thu Aug 16 15:09:28 CEST 2007

One hypothesis:
Puerto Rico is in the Caribbean, making it both cheaper to send them and perhaps encouraging regional contacts and solidarity

-----Original Message-----
From: Non-Commercial User Constituency [mailto:NCUC-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU] On Behalf Of Mawaki Chango
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2007 6:30 PM
To: NCUC-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: Re: [NCUC-DISCUSS] FW: [announce] Fellowships to Ensure Global Voices Heard at ICANN

I'm struck with this distribution: 5 for Africa, and 15 for the
Caribbean! I'm aware that there might sometimes be lack of
interest or shortage of good candidatures from Africa; however,
I did directly encouraged one candidature that is certainly a
very valid and valuable one but not on the win list. I'm just
noting and wondering what might be the reasons of such
discrepancy.

Good initiative though, and good luck to the winning fellows.

Mawaki

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.