FW: [announce] Fellowships to Ensure Global Voices Heard at ICANN

karen banks karenb at GN.APC.ORG
Thu Aug 16 09:07:20 CEST 2007

hi mawaki

>I'm struck with this distribution: 5 for Africa, and 15 for the
>Caribbean! I'm aware that there might sometimes be lack of
>interest or shortage of good candidatures from Africa; however, I
>did directly encouraged one candidature that is certainly a
>very valid and valuable one but not on the win list. I'm just noting
>and wondering what might be the reasons of such
>discrepancy.

why not send a note from the NCUC on the initiative? welcoming
(generally), inform that NCUC members have actively encouraged people
to apply (NCUC is a 'natural' community both as candidates and as one
that can outreach to potential candidates) asking about diversity
criteria, see if it can be better next time round?

karen