ICANN New GTLD Policy and Public Comments

Robin Gross robin at IPJUSTICE.ORG
Wed Aug 1 21:31:25 CEST 2007

This email below (which I sent yesterday) did not seem to make it onto
the list (possibly because it had a .pdf attached?)

So I'm resending it here with a link to the .pdf instead:
  http://www.ipjustice.org/ICANN/drafts/PDFPDPDec05FRPartA30July07.pdf

See below.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	ICANN New GTLD Policy and Public Comments
Date: 	Tue, 31 Jul 2007 13:12:29 -0700
From: 	Robin Gross <robin at ipjustice.org>
To: 	NCUC-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU

Colleagues,

Attached is the final report (part A) of the new gtld committee's
recommendations.  The time line going forward with the policy
development process is below.    The council will vote on the
recommendations on 6 Sept.

Note that public comments on the recommendations will be accepted from 9
- 29 August.   Please do encourage organizations and individuals to
submit comments to ICANN on these recommendations.   If anyone would
like to work with me on public comments, please let me know.   Thank you.

Best,
Robin
-------------------

1.  New TLDs Draft Final Report Part A is now open for Committee
comment for one week - 30 July to 6 August

2.  6 August -- Committee meeting.

3.  9 August -- 20 day public comment period begins

4.  29 August -- public comment period ends

5.  31 August -- release of synopsis of public comments for GNSO
Council to take into account at its 6 September meeting

6.  6 September -- GNSO Council meeting to vote on recommendations.

Part B is now being updated and will be released in conjunction with
Part A after the Committee has voted on the recommendations.