Verisign files change of fees

Milton Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Mon Apr 16 21:28:24 CEST 2007

Yes, that's the one. Go get 'em.

>>> Danny Younger <dannyyounger at YAHOO.COM> 4/16/2007 2:21 PM >>>
Milton,

I believe that you are refering to the resolution
passed at the 18 September 2006 Special Meeting of the
Board:

Resolved (06.___), the President is directed to
commission an independent study by a reputable
economic consulting firm or organization to deliver
findings on economic questions relating to the domain
registration market, such as:

 -- whether the domain registration market is one
market or whether each TLD functions as a separate
market,
-- whether registrations in different TLDs are
substitutable,
-- what are the effects on consumer and pricing
behavior of the switching costs involved in moving
from one TLD to another,
-- what is the effect of the market structure and
pricing on new TLD entrants, and
-- whether there are other markets with similar
issues, and if so how are these issues addressed and
by who?

I have no knowledge of this study having been
initiated.  I will check into it and get back to the
constituency if there is any news to report.

Regards,
Danny