[Expression] [governance] ICANN Board Vote Signals Era of Censorship in Domain Na

Carlos Afonso ca at RITS.ORG.BR
Mon Apr 9 14:15:07 CEST 2007

I go further -- I would suggest ICANN prepares a PDP on how to establish
a bridge with governments and communities (regional, idiomatic,
indigenous etc), and how to define criteria, for building a full
database of internationalized names (regularly updated by a guidance
board) which would not be acceptable as g/sTLDs. This would be part of
the effort of distancing itself from having to decide in the last
instance if a name is "good" or "bad".

In addition, ICANN would launch another PDP on expanding thematic
criteria (geographic, historical, idiomatic etc) for new TLDs to be able
to decide in a clear and timely process on .berlin, .gal, .rio,
.katakana, .syracuse, .bio, .social :) etc etc.

frt rgds

--c.a.