[Expression] [governance] ICANN Board Vote Signals Era of Censorship in Domain Na

Carlos Afonso ca at RITS.ORG.BR
Thu Apr 5 19:36:30 CEST 2007

Funny, indeed, Milton -- one of the milestones we managed to reach in
Brazil, for example, in the telecom regulatory framework process, is
that once a proposal of rule is made by the regulator, it goes to public
scrutiny before approval. It is not perfect, but I would not like to see
this in the hands of a bunch of bureaucrats or an automated (and/or
closed) process without due scrutiny. Otherwise, what would we be doing
within ICANN? Would GAC members go there to discuss bit positioning in
an IP header? Of course not.

A gTLD (or sTLD) is not just a .com subdomain, obviously.

frt rgds

--c.a.

--
Carlos A. Afonso