[Fwd: [council] 2007 ICANN Nominating Committee]

Robin Gross robin at IPJUSTICE.ORG
Tue Sep 26 00:43:56 CEST 2006

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[council] 2007 ICANN Nominating Committee
Date: 	Thu, 21 Sep 2006 21:57:43 +1000
From: 	Bruce Tonkin <Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au>
To: 	Council GNSO <council at gnso.icann.org>

-----Original Message-----
From: Donna Austin
Subject: 2007 ICANN Nominating Committee

Dear All

I am writing to you on behalf of the Chair of ICANN's 2006 Nominating
Committee, in preparation for the formation of the 2007 Nominating
Committee, for which a Chair is in the process of being chosen.

The work of the 2006 Nominating Committee is nearing completion and I
would like to recognize the efforts of the representatives from each of
your constituencies who served on this year's committee.  This is not an
easy task and I was very pleased with the work of the committee and the
commitment of those involved.

It is my hope that the Chair of next year's committee will be announced
in the next few weeks and that preparation can commence toward
assembling the
2007 Nominating Committee.  With now two years experience with the
NomCom I cannot stress enough the importance of having the Committee in
place as early in the process as possible.

With this in mind, I would ask that you give consideration to potential
delegates and liaisons for the 2007 NomCom.  Voting delegates can serve
a maximum of two years and non-voting liaisons are not term limited.
You may wish to approach your representatives from this year's process
to re-commit to another year's service.

I anticipate that the first face-to-face meeting of the 2007 Nominating
Committee will take place immediately after the close of the Annual
General Meeting in Sao Paulo.  The Committee will meet on Friday
afternoon and evening as well as all day Saturday.  These dates will be
confirmed as soon as the 2007 Nominating Committee Chair has been
appointed.

Members of the new Committee will be expected to come to Sao Paulo for
the Annual General Meeting, and to stay in Sao Paulo through Saturday
evening, December 9th, to participate fully in this first face to face
meeting.

Although this schedule puts substantial time pressure on all of us in
the near term, the benefits that will accrue the work of the Nominating
Committee, as well as to ICANN as a whole, are very significant.

I would appreciate acknowledgement of this message along with an
indication of how long it will take you to identify a representative to
serve on the
2007 NomCom.  I appreciate that each of you have various processes for
filling these positions and I hope that this early note will enable you
to fulfill these positions to meet the timeframe outlined above.

Regards

Donna

Donna Austin
Coordinator