My testimony for Today's U.S. House of Rep. Hearings

Milton Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Thu Sep 21 17:56:47 CEST 2006

Excellent. You handled the US unilateral oversight issue extremely well,
perhaps a reflection of your DC insider experience....;-)

>>> Harold Feld <hfeld at MEDIAACCESS.ORG> 9/21/2006 5:21:51 PM >>>
I will be testifying today before the U.S. House of Rep. Subcom on
Telecom & the Internet and Subcom. on Commerce and Consumer
Protection today.  You can find the executive summary here:
http://www.mediaaccess.org/events/House%20Testimony%20Exec%20Sum%209-21-06.pdf

Full testimony here:
http://www.mediaaccess.org/events/House%20Testimony%20Exec%20Sum%209-21-06.pdf

For those reading, please understand this is intended for folks
operating at very high levels of generality.  I made a decision that
trying to get into anything even vaguely close to details was not
likely to be productive.  My hope is to balance the folks who will
say ICANN works just fine and doesn't need any change, and possibly
put some pressure on NTIA to force ICANN to adopt some real
accountability measures.

I should also make clear this does not purport to be testimony from
the NCUC.  It is my personal testimony and that of my organization
based on my experience with and observations of ICANN.

Harold