Fwd: Re: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] GNSO PDP Feb 06: Proposed Work Plan

Mawaki Chango ki_chango at YAHOO.COM
Sat Sep 16 03:54:49 CEST 2006

While I'm at it, Liz William ("ICANN staffer") a while ago reminded
the TF of the following section of ICANN bylaws, requesting the
constituencies to address the para (iv). My tentative response
forwarded below, since there was no time left for consultations; you
may however consider for future statement.

Excerpts from the bylaws:

d. Collection of Information.

1. Constituency Statements. The Representatives will each be
responsible for soliciting the position of their constituencies, at a
minimum, and other comments as each Representative deems appropriate,
regarding the issue under consideration. This position and other
comments, as applicable, should be submitted in a formal statement to
the task force chair (each, a "Constituency Statement") within
thirty-five (35) calendar days after initiation of the PDP. Every
Constituency Statement shall include at least the following:

(i) If a Supermajority Vote was reached, a clear statement of the
constituency's position on the issue;

(ii) If a Supermajority Vote was not reached, a clear statement of
all positions espoused by constituency members;

(iii) A clear statement of how the constituency arrived at its
position(s). Specifically, the statement should detail specific
constituency meetings, teleconferences, or other means of
deliberating an issue, and a list of all members who participated or
otherwise submitted their views;

(iv) An analysis of how the issue would affect the constituency,
including any financial impact on the constituency; and

(v) An analysis of the period of time that would likely be necessary
to implement the policy.