Fwd: [gtld-council] GNSO PDP Dec 05: Draft Recommendations Summary

Carlos Afonso ca at RITS.ORG.BR
Fri Sep 15 17:01:56 CEST 2006

Maybe not... having new TLDs with a registry doing also all the
registrars' work is not new and no one died about it. In the ICANN
gTLD-sTLD bids, are there obligations to [1] run it like a for-profit
joint and [2] adopting the registry-registrar model?

In the case of ccTLDs, there are some cases as well (BR included).

--c.a.

--

Carlos A. Afonso
diretor de planejamento