FW: [NCUC-DISCUSS] [Fwd: PIR Proposal to ICANN on ProblemsCaused by "Domain Tasting"]

Danny Younger dannyyounger at YAHOO.COM
Thu Sep 14 19:04:22 CEST 2006

Milton, thank you for forwarding Ed's response.

There may be some value in considering how other
registries have approached this issue.  For example,
Nominet has the following policy:

"In order to protect our systems we impose a limit on
DELETE operations.  This limit is the higher of 5
domains, or 5% of domains that have not yet been
invoiced.  The effective period is calculated as
follows:

>From the 8th of the month to the end of the month, the
period is calculated back to the beginning of the same
month.
>From the beginning of the month to the 7th of the
month, the period is calculated back to the beginning
of the previous month."

http://www.nominet.org.uk/tag/auto/aup/